Saturday, October 18, 2014

Vegan Food Pictures

I post a lot of pictures of food here. I bet you already figured that out, huh?
This is a Yves Vegan turkey sandwich on Ciabatta bread with Vegenaise and Mustard. I'm not the hugest fan of this sliced vegan deli meat, but it was better than the Canadian Bacon I tried from the same brand.
Tofu, mushrooms, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Braggs liquid aminos over rice noodles. It tasted better because I ate it with chopsticks. I am a firm believer that how you eat your food determines the taste just as much as what you are eating. Chopsticks make it taste better. No joke. 
Olive bread with green herb vegan burger, pickles, and vegenaise. I found these vegan burgers at Rouses and I like them much better than the Quinoa burgers I have been finding at some stores. They are really green compared to how they look on the box, but they taste really good.
I decided to make lasagna and show you what I made it with. I have some no-boil lasagna noodles, two tubes of pesto, Teese mozzarella vegan cheese, TVP rehydrated with liquid smoke and water, thick and zesty tomato sauce, petite diced tomatoes, oregano leaves, and granulated garlic. Not pictured: tomato paste in the tube... it's hanging out in the refrigerator.
 
Here you can see the final product in the pan. 
And finally on the plate! I always put the pesto on the same layer as the vegan cheese because the flavors blend best that way.
 
What are your favorite ingredients for lasagna? Comment down below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment