Thursday, October 2, 2014

Food post again

Hello all! more pictures of awesome vegan foods I ate. 
This was a heat and serve sesame ginger noodle bowl. It was tasty and rather salty, but good for a quick bite when I didn't have time to really cook something. 
Creole style red beans from a can with white sushi rice. This was another quick meal that satisfied my need for comfort foods as well as a hasty preparation. I live for red beans and rice, but I can rarely order it in restaurants because it is cooked with ham, sausage, or ham bone and I really don't want to eat that lovely piggy. I have to settle for canned stuff our home made goodness (that can take hours to make if the beans are really hard). A tiny dash of liquid smoke makes this taste like a New Orleans original.
a simple dish of canned peas, canned mushrooms, and rice. This is another comfort food that I've eaten since I was a child. It is wonderful hot or cold and makes my days just a tiny bit better! 
This tiny sad looking Apple came from my family's farm in North Carolina. We didn't have the best crop this year, but the apples we had were delicious. It may not look like much, but this little golden delicious lived up to its name. 
Another  heat and serve noodle bowl. This one was spicier, but I don't remember the name. it was good like the other one, just spicier. 
Italian olive salad on Olive bread. This is the stuff you stick on muffalettas. I haven't had one in a while (they are mostly cheese and meat) and I was craving some of the heart stopping oily goodness. This particular brand is local from Covington, and tastes amazing! 
Fresh Market orzo salad with leftover peas! I was trying to use up leftovers and this is the wonderful meal I got out of it. The fresh market orzo can be very oily, so I drain it when I get to the bottom of the container. This one came with tomatos, spinach, and pine nuts, but there are different ones at the store. Some are vegan, some are not. 
Black Olive tapenade on Olive bread. This was more tomato -y than I expected. I did enjoy it thoroughly. 
Gardein bbq ribblets. I live these things. I think they taste better than real ribs ever did and the sauce is glorious. I literally licked the plate clean. 
Another meal of Olive tapenade on Olive bread. 
And last but not least, rice noodles in soy sauce, sesame oil, chili oil, and Braggs  liquid aminos. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. I will be posting more later this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment