Friday, October 17, 2014

This is what I eat

 Hi all! I'm back with more food pictures... continuing from yesterday...
 
Cheddar Teese quesadillas with vegan Canadian bacon on the side. This time I fried both sides of both quesadillas in Earth Balance. They tasted great! The Teese melts well if you don't slice it too thick and spread it out evenly inside.
White navy beans Creole style and rice. Beans and Rice is a Louisiana staple. This one was pretty simple and very yummy.
...and leftovers the next day. Like I said. I eat lots of beans and rice. It just makes me happy.
Garlic tofu fried rice with bean sprouts, mushrooms, and water crest. I used Soy sauce and sesame oil to flavor it. The combination of bean sprouts and water crests makes the whole thing crunchy and gives it textural variety. The best way to make a good dish is to combine different flavors and textures together to make a dish that is exciting in every bite. You get crunchy, soft, salty, and robust flavors in this dish. 
Vegan turkey and Canadian bacon sandwich with vegenaise, mustard, and ketchup. It looks worse than it tastes, trust me.
More stir fry. This is enough to feed me and my mom for lunch with leftovers for the next day. I try to do a stir fry at least once a week to make sure I'm getting in protein (tofu), veggies (mushrooms, sprouts, corn, peas, etc.), and starch (rice). Yay for one meal conglomerations!
 
Would you eat any of these foods? Let me know in the comments below. Check back here tomorrow for more food pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment