Thursday, October 16, 2014

Vegan Food Pictures

Because vegans eat good food too! Here's another post full of pictures of the things I eat. I hope you enjoy the food!
I saw this at the store and decided to try it. I love the little VEGAN symbol on the front of the package. It makes it so much easier to find vegan foods at the supermarket when they are labeled. Otherwise, I spend a whole lot of time reading labels to figure out what I can eat and what I can't.
This is what it looked like in the end. You can see the bits of peanuts mixed in with the sauce. It was slightly sweet and quite salty. I really liked it though, and would most likely buy it again if I saw it at the supermarket. I like these less than five minute noodle bowls for days when I have to run from one town to another in very little time and I only have 15 minutes at home before I have to get back into my car.
Fried rice with veggie burger, bamboo shoots, baby corn, water crest, and bean sprouts. Topped with soy sauce and sesame oil. Basically, everything you see here came either out of a can or a pouch. I just opened it all up and dumped it in a bowl and mixed it together, then nuked it in the microwave. It was really tasty and was less expensive than ordering veggie fried rice from a restaurant with much more to go around. I LOVE BABY CORN! It makes my day when I find it at the store. It can be hard to find sometimes, but when I do find it, I get several cans for the future.
Vegan hamburger tacos:veggie burger, pickles, vegenaise, ketchup, and mustard. I mixed all this goo up together and ate it in some small flour tortillas. It tastes much better than it looks in the pictures.
Bold organics vegan cheese pizza. This has most definitely become my new favorite comfort food/ guilty pleasure. They are about $8 and they taste great. They are gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and bake in less than 20 minutes.
Trying a new TEESE cheese product... the cheddar flavor. This is what the package looks like. Just like the nacho cheese sauce, but the product is firm.
...and this is what it looks like in the package. It slices easily and stores easily in a plastic or glass container in the refrigerator.
Vegan Canadian bacon. I don't buy Yves vegan sliced "meat" very often, but I saw this at the store and wanted to try it out. It doesn't really taste like Canadian bacon. It tastes like fake meat. But it LOOKS like dark bologna, so it gets points for that at least. Not my favorite vegan "meat", but not horrible.
Vegan Teese and Canadian bacon quesadillas. I did them in a pan of the stove with a bit of Earth Balance.
 
Check back tomorrow for another food pictures post!

No comments:

Post a Comment