Sunday, October 19, 2014

Things I've Been Loving

Another Things I've Been Loving post for you guys!

I've been really busy these past few weeks, so I haven't had much time for discovering new things. I have been, however, rediscovering old things that I had forgotten that I loved. This post is all about those old things I had forgotten about, and I'm not quite sure how I've been going on without them in my life.

1. Evanescence- I used to listen to Evanescence almost every day for my last two years of high school. I fell in love with the song "Lithium" from The Open Door. It was the first song I heard/ watched the music video for that I said "I have to get this" the moment I first heard it. Some of my other favorite songs by Evanescence are "Going Under", "Imaginary", "My Immortal", and "Everybody's Fool" from Fallen. My favorites from The Open Door are "Call Me When You're Sober", "Lacrymosa", and "Good Enough". The only song from Evanescence that I could say is a favorite is "What You Want". I haven't listened to the album enough to feel like I could say any of the others are my favorites. Here is "Lithium" if you want to watch it.
I love the opening lyrics:

Lithium, don't want to lock me up inside.
Lithium, don't want to forget how it feels without...
Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow.
Oh, but God, I want to let it go.
 
This describes perfectly (for me at least) the feeling of how I felt when I was on depression meds. I felt like I was being bottled up and distant from my emotions. Is it better to feel like you are crying all the time, every day, or to feel empty? It's a hard choice. Nothing is more strange than feeling guilty about wanting to feel sad again because you miss it. Welcome to my internal battles.

2. Doctor Who- I finally watched The Day of the Doctor and the ending of Matt Smith's time as Dr. Who. I bawled my eyes out, it was so emotional. Now I just have to catch up on this season before Saturday... yeah... not going to happen. But I'll probably read the episode synopses and move on with life. And this was my favorite line in this season:


3. The Vegan Peach- I've been watching videos by TheVeganPeach on YouTube for a while now and I love that she "tells it like it is". Her videos are really refreshing and real and have no "fakeness" that some of the vegan community on YouTube have become. I highly recommend her blog and her videos! Here is one of her videos about why honey is not vegan:

4. The Dollar Tree- I used to go there all the time in college. I stopped going when I came home because it was easier to go to other stores. However, they have the best Halloween decorations and they are only $1! I also have found some really great unbreakable glassware (I have glasses I have dropped onto wood floors several times, and they are still going strong). I got some really great black and purple fake flowers with glittery plastic spiders in them to stick in some glass bottles I found at Michaels. There we go. Halloween decorations done! Check out their Halloween products here!

That's it for now, Peeps! What are some of the things you have been loving recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment