Sunday, October 5, 2014

I Missed My One Year Anniversary

I missed my one year anniversary! Oh no!

September 30th was my one year blogversary, and I completely forgot about it. I started this blog to track my Walk to Mordor, and I have been terribly lax in updating my progress... I believe it has been over two months since I posted my mileage on this blog. I plan to fix that in the coming weeks as I attempt to post a blog post every day this month.

I wanted to reminisce a little bit about how this blog has changed over the last year. I started out with the mindset of "Walk to Mordor NOW!" and "get in shape, lose weight!" This just hasn't happened and over the months this blog has turned into a place where I can share my many interests with those who decide to stop by. I've reviewed books and CDs, I started talking about makeup and beauty, I've shown you my hundreds of vegan food pictures as I go about my life. I have shared my favorite songs and tv shows. I have ranted about things that annoy me and spilled out my guts about things that make me sad. It has been a healing experience for me to write this blog and I want to continue doing it for the foreseeable future.

In the last year I have gained one follower (yay!) and I have had 2353 hits (as of writing this post) on my blog. To some people, that isn't much. To me, it is 2353 hits more than I ever expected.

Looking back over the last year this post has been my favorite: 2013 Year in Review Books
This is the post that took me the longest to write. I had to go through the hundreds of books I read last year and pick out my favorites, which was difficult. It was almost an ode to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and books from the late 19th- early 20th centuries. This year I fear my list will not be as exciting since I haven't been reading much (or at least, not finishing books that I've started).

And this has been my most viewed: Makeup Products I Have Used Up In March
I'm not quite sure what makes this my most popular post with 49 views, but it is the most viewed post on my blog. It's interesting to see what products I was using and what I am using now and noticing how my tastes have changed depending on the seasons.

Lastly, this was the hardest post I had to write: Depression
It took me a long time to work up the guts to write and then finally upload this post. I am glad I did, and I hope you take a look at it. Depression in something that is important to talk about and not shove under the rug because it makes people uncomfortable.

What I hope to do with this blog in the future: Write posts more consistently or nearly every day. Write a larger variety of posts. Write more about topics that interest me. Review more books and CDs. Have days for specific posts (Like What I ate Wednesdays and Monday book reviews). Do more tag posts and/or challenges.

I want to thank each and every one of you that read this blog. I hope you have enjoyed or benefitted from some of the things I have said. So thank you for helping make my year wonderful. Here's to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment