Monday, May 12, 2014

Walk to Mordor Week 27 and Mothers Day Food

Hi all!
Mother's Day Food! I made everything except the meat in the foil.
Nothing too exciting happened in week 27 of my WtM. I only walked a little over 10 miles so I didn't get very far (I'm sill on day 15, and isn't that a little frustrating?!).

Yummy Pasta, Corn, and Bread with Salad!
Mother's day was yesterday, and I ended up making/ cooking most of the food. My dad made rib eye steaks for the meat eaters in the family (I find that the smell of cooked meat makes me feel ill now. I guess that's what happens when you don't eat it for almost a year). I made a delicious pasta (it was sort of a puttanesca sauce, but not really since I didn't add anchovies or chili peppers or parsley) with kalamata olive, pimento stuffed green olives, large capers, canned tomatoes, oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and Cajun seasoning. I also made a salad with tons of fun things in it: cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, celery, green onion, red onion, capers, kalamata olives, green olives, and artichoke hearts on top of mixed baby greens and topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We also had corn on the cob and bread. Over all it was a really great meal and we will probably have leftovers for a long time.

Up Close with the Corn
My mom got my Grandmother a pedometer from CVS as her present and I got to set it up and teach her how to use it. It has a huge readout, so I think she'll be able to read it, but the instruction booklet has ridiculously tiny print. The hardest part about setting it up was getting the battery cover unscrewed because all of our Philips head screwdrivers were too big (even the ones used to repair glasses!). We ended up using the corner of a flat one and it somehow worked. I felt very accomplished once I finished that!

Salad from Nutrition Company
Today I went to Koko with Meagan and then to the Nutrition Company for lunch. I'm trying more of their foods instead of always ordering the same thing and I had this awesome salad today! It's the not fried not chicken salad with the house dressing.

That's all for now! I hope everyone has a great day and I'll post more tomorrow!

Week #__27____ Day ___15____ WTR Goals: Mileage___20___ Weight __267____

Starting Weight
Current Weight
Goal Weight
Projected Goal Date
Day
 270
 268.5
 175
 2017
15 

Date
Activity
Duration Miles
Beginning Mileage
Ending Mileage
Location*
 3/30
 Walk
 1.83
 262.81
 264.64
 
 3/31
 Walk
 2.75
 264.64
267.39 
 
 4/1
 Walk
 1.71
 267.39
269.1 
 
 4/2
 Walk
 1.98
 269.1
 271.08
 
 4/3
 Walk
 1.26
 271.08
272.34 
 
 4/4
 Walk
 1.72
 272.34
274.06 
 
 4/5
 Walk
 .50
 274.06
274.56 
 
Totals
 This week:
 11.75
Total Miles: 
 274.56
 Still on day 15

No comments:

Post a Comment