Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Another food post!
 
 I have been stuck in a food making rut. For whatever reason, I've been making the same foods over and over. This next week I plan to try new foods and recipes!  Here are the foods I ate for the past few days (that I remembered to take pictures of).
 
I know this looks really gross, but it was super yummy! Spicy Guacamole, Pinto Beans, and Tofutti Cream Cheese. I ate it on no salt added corn chips.
Gardein Teriyaki Chicken (I love this stuff! It is vegan and actually tastes like and has the texture of chicken) with soy sauce on Brown Rice Seaweed noodles. These noodles have a softer texture than regular rice noodles.  
Firm Silken Tofu with Brown Rice and Seaweed noodles. Topped with Soy sauce and Sesame Oil.
And leftovers of the above meal... you can see the noodles better in this picture!
I tried a new frozen dinner I found at the Fresh Market. I have been finding more and more Asian and Indian frozen foods that are vegan. They used to only carry Chicken Curry and Palak Paneer. Now they have tofu curries, pad thais, and thus lovely Kofta Curry with Channa Masala and Basmati Pilaf. And it says VEGAN right on the box!
As you can see, it wasn't as pretty as the box showed, but oh so tasty! I loved it all except the rice... I found it to be really oily for my tastes, but I will definitely get this again for nights when I really want Indian food and don't want to make my own curry. Such a great find!
This goo is Arrabiatta Sauce mixed with Tofutti Cream Cheese on top of angel hair made with Jerusalem Artichoke flour. Very yummy, and very filling! 
Gardein Chicken Tenders on Olive Bread with Vegenaise, Mustard, and Ketchup. Think of these as the vegan version of open faced chicken sliders. I tried cooking them in the microwave instead of the oven, and I found that the outside breading stayed on better than in the oven (even though the microwave is not recommended).
This mess is tofu and leftover rice noodles of different varieties with vegan red curry sauce. I did not like this brand at all and won't be buying it in the future.
And last but not least, Vegan burgers on olive bread with Vegenaise, mustard, ketchup, and garlic dill pickles... the pickles really make it special.

That's all for now... stay tuned for more food pictures later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment