Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I've Been Away and Now I'm Back

So it has been a while since I posted on here. It has been a long few weeks.

Last week, I went to Baton Rouge to visit my friend Ashley. I needed to get away from home, and we needed to celebrate her new job, so we met up and had some fun. We went out to eat Mexican food of goodness, went shopping at the LUSH at the mall (I LOVE LUSH!), found our way to Whole Foods, ran by Trader Joe's, and found some cute Dollar Tree Halloween decorations. We decided to dye our hair (Ashley needed to for her job, and I wanted to try henna in my hair again) so we did! Ashley did a deep red ombre and I went with a copper color. I absolutely love my hair color right now. It is a gorgeous copper color and the natural highlights in my hair turned to an almost pinky rose gold copper. It is slowly fading, but I am trying to not wash it too much. I don't wash my hair everyday anyway, so it isn't too hard to not over wash it.

While I was visiting Ashley we decided to go to Target late at night. Of course, when we got back to my car, my battery had died. We had to wait for a while until the pop-a-lock guy came to jump me. In the morning, I got to buy a new battery (yay!) so now my car purrs when I rumble down the road.

I started singing in a choir in my community and it is taking up more of my time. Because I've been spending about 6 more hours a week driving, I haven't been able to work on my blog posts like I want. I am actually really behind in a lot of things (I have about 300 videos in my watch later list on YouTube and I haven't done any of my readings for bible study).

The good news is that I watched the season premier of Agents of Shield last night and LOVED it. I'm not going to give any spoilers, but it was a fantastic new episode. I was excited to see what they did with Ward and Fitz, but I hate Skye's new haircut. I think it makes her look really young and would get in the way in a fight. I just don't like it. I do like how bad ass Coulson is being the new Director. Not too much on the action side of things, but more of a build up for this new season. I'm excited and looking forward to the rest of the year's shows.

My favorite new show is FOREVER, also on ABC. It stars Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards from Fantastic Four) and Judd Hirsch (a great actor... so happy he is a part of this show!) and is about a man, Dr. Henry Morgan, who cannot stay dead. He keeps dying and reappearing naked in water and is over 200 years old. It is a cop show/medical show/drama/person who won't die show and I love it. The two episodes I've seen are the Pilot and Look Before You Leap. This has the makings to be one of my favorite shows. I'll keep you posted on the series as it continues.

That's all for today. I will be posting more at the end of this week. Go enjoy this first week of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment