Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Birchbox Overview

Hi all! It has been a while!

My August Birchbox
My brother has been home from school, so I've been spending more time away from home recently. Now that he's gone back to school, I am back with many posts! First up is an overview of my August Birchbox. This is just my first opinions of these products, not full reviews. I've been using them for a few weeks now, so I feel like I know what I'm talking about.

Our theme for August? Keeping cool in the heat... not sure how these product fit in that category.
I got five products in this box: a cream eyeshadow, a body cream, a shampoo, a conditioner, and a face mask.

 
1. Harvey Prince Ageless Body Crème (full size $22)
This is my favorite birchbox product I've received all year. I have been thinking about cancelling my subscription, but this product is making me reconsider. The crème is lush, smells divine (like grapefruit, sandalwood, and a bit of sweetness), and it moisturizes very well. I am actually thinking about getting this scent as a perfume because I loved it so much, and I usually only put lotion on before bed (and while I love smelling great in bed, I also love smelling great when I'm out and about). Another great thing about this product is that it is cruelty free!

 
2. Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eyeshadow in Silver Sands (full size $19)
I love this eyeshadow! I am usually not a fan of cream products on the eyes, but this one works. I have worn it both with and without a powder on top and it lasts pretty much all day. The color I received is a lovely cool sandy taupe that works well with my skin tone. Another wonderful find! I believe Laura Geller is cruelty free as well, so yay for great makeup finds!

3-4. Neil George Shampoo and Conditioner (full size $9 each)

I will always say "yes!" to trying out new shampoo and conditioner (mostly conditioner because I use so much of it). I haven't tried these yet (I'm trying to use up some shampoos that I absolutely hate and want to be rid of as soon as possible), but I am hoping these will be kind to my hair. They are really large samples for shampoo and conditioner, so I will be able to get more than one use out of them. I'm exited to try these out!

5. nügg Beauty Revitalizing Mask (pack of 5 for $14.99)
I am not really a mask person, so I probably won't be using this for a while. I will make a spa day out of it and try it out. This was the only product in the box I wasn't excited about at all.

All in all, this was a great box! Can't wait to see what I get in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment