Monday, August 11, 2014

What I Ate Post

What I Ate Post

Some pictures of foods I ate! Enjoy!

On Sunday a week ago, I went out to eat with my mom and grandmother after church at Mac's On Boston in Covington, Louisiana. I ordered the wonderful veggie wrap with sweet potato fries. Nothing beats this wrap stuffed with grilled artichokes, mushrooms, beans, olives, lettuce and more and slathered in a balsamic vinegrette.


Me and My Grandmother

When we got back from NC, I had very little in the pantry or fridge that I could eat, so I made some basic pasta. I used some rice noodles I had bought a while ago, but decided I didn't really like because they never got past al dente. I rehydrated some TVP (textured vegetable protein) in a mixture of sesame oil, soy sauce, liquid smoke, and rice vinegar.


Another strange meal I had was Goan Coconut Curry with Lays potato chips. It was super tasty and salty and not very healthy. I really love the tamarind and curry leaves in this sauce. It tends to give it a deeper smoky flavor.


This is Gardein BBQ Ribs with Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce over Angel Hair. It was spicy and sweet and hot and filling and really hit the spot.


This was some lemon orzo from the Fresh Market. It contains spinach, pine nuts, tomatoes, parsley, and lots of oil that I drain out.

Angel Hair with earth balance buttery spread, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Not the healthiest food out there, but very tasty. (You can see a theme starting to occur here).


A frozen banana-mango smoothie. I had bought a box of mangos earlier this year and froze some chunks when I couldn't eat them all when they ripened. I stuck them in a blender with three frozen bananas and a cup of water. Perfection!


Some leftover salad my mom had made for dinner using pepper jelly vinegrette over tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, and mixed greens with tons of garlic.


And more salad using the same pepper jelly vinegrette.


Another meal of angel hair with earth balance, garlic, and nutritional yeast. I have been craving the nooch recently, so you will see lots of pictures of it!


Tofu scramble made with soft tofu, olive oil, Tony's Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I ate it on toasted ciabatta bread.


And a snack of cherries! Because they are gorgeous and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment