Friday, August 1, 2014

Hiking in the woods and lots of nature

Today and yesterday my family and I went hiking in the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. Yesterday we went on a rather easy trail that had really huge poplar trees and was relatively flat. Today we went on another trail where the path was more full of rocks, streams, and tree roots. While we were walking today we found this huge tree that had a hollow base. I could have fit in the hole two or three times. It was an amazing tree. I can't remember weather it was an oak or a poplar, but it was huge.

I really love trees. I love tall trees, short trees, thin trees, huge trees. This tree was amazing. I even have it a hug. (Yep! I'm a tree hugger! )

On our way back down the trail, we literally almost stepped on a huge rattlesnake. I screamed and jumped over it, while my parents scrambled around in the woods to stay away from it. It was pretty exciting! And frightening! My Dad is still shook up about it.

We had a lot of fun looking at mushrooms, butterflies, frogs, crickets, cintepeeds, and other critters on the trail. I have lots of pictures to show you in a later post when I can edit them better, but here are a few:

No comments:

Post a Comment