Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Final Summer Trip to NC Post 2014

July 29 to August 2nd

Hey Y'all!

This is my final post about my trip to North Carolina. Here you will see pictures from Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest and Snowbird Mountain Lodge.
 I also have pictures of the food I ate :)

This is my mom's version of vegan putanesca sauce (it doesn't contain anchovies... she added those to hers serparately. It is a slightly sweet sauce with yellow onions, garlic, black and green olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, capers, and bay leaves. It is over Angel Hair and served with fresh steamed asparagus. This was ridiculously yummy!



View from the top of the mountain. It was very clear this day when I went to find some books and things from school I wanted to take home with me.


This is a strange combination of foods, but they were really tasty. In the back of the picture we have pearl couscous. To the left we have chickpeas cooked with onion, celery, garlic and spices. To the right we have cooked kale with tomatoes, onions, and summer squash from our neighbor.




Here are some photos from my room at the Snowbird Mountain Lodge. I loved the room I was in (my parents had the room next door) and I wish we had been able to stay longer.


I also have a picture of my brother's gecko, Bobalina, who I was taking care of this trip. She doesn't like traveling too much.

And here come the pictures of trees and woods!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next pictures were taken at the Snowbird Mountain Lodge.

 
 
 
 

And... back to Joyce Kilmer.

 
 
 
This is our picnic lunch after our hike. I had a really fantastic veggie wrap with hummus (asked them to leave off the feta cheese), an apple, and a pickle.


I then sang the pickle song for the next two days. Here it is to get stuck in your head!

 
My mom had the pimento cheese sandwich that ate Los Angeles.


And, last but not least... my picnic lunch on the way home: A veggie wrap from Snowbird, a pickle, Raspberry So Delicious Coconut yogurt, an apple, some ruffles, and half a sandwich I had mad three days before with hummus, vegan pepperjack cheese and arugula.


This is it for my summer trip posts (I think... unless I go to NC again when my family goes in September, but I doubt that I will). I hope you have enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment