Sunday, August 3, 2014

July Empties 2014 Part Two

Part Two July Empties

Welcome to the second part of my empties for the month of July. I used a whole heck of a lot of products this month since I'm using mostly samples while I am on vacation. See Part One for the beginning of this post! Continuing where I left off...

93. Top Care Cotton Rounds 80 Counts
I have about five packs of cotton rounds, cotton balls, and cotton poofs that I use for taking off makeup and nail polish. This pack was the one that I grabbed when I was packing my travel bag to come to North Carolina. These aren't the best for removing nail polish because they tended to fall apart, but they worked fine for removing makeup. The TopCare brand, Topco, doesn't say anything about animal testing online, but most places that I have seen put them on the not-cruelty-free list. I will not buy from this brand in the future.

94. Borghese Curaforte Moisture Intensifier .25 Fl oz (7 ml)
I really loved this product. It is a serum you put on before your moisturizer that helps your moisturizer absorb into your skin. It works really well and I loved the way it made my skin feel when used with different moisturizers. However, it is very expensive at $67.50 and tested on animals. I was really pissed off when I read their animal testing policy. Here is a quote from their website:

"We are committed to providing our customers with premium prestige products and we find it our fundamental obligation to develop and offer products that take into account and safeguard the health and safety of our consumers. We express this value as a primary principle; as a responsible producer, we also express it as part of our acknowledged understanding of the law. We are governed by laws that have been established to protect the public and prevent injury. Customer safety is a driving concern as well as a compelling, essential obligation and in terms of establishing satisfactory product safety, we must show that our products do no harm and pose no risk. To accomplish this, products must be tested and their safety proven. We are equally committed to offering our products in a clearly conscientious manner. To that end, we do not conduct animal testing on our products, nor employ others to test on our behalf, except where required by local regulation."

Basically... they love animals, but not enough to not sell products in areas where animal testing is required by law, AKA China, because money is more important than animal cruelty. I will not be purchasing this, or any other Borghese product in the future.

95. Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue Cologne Absolue Sample
I will not be buying this cologne in the future because I didn't like the scent. It was way too heady for me to wear, which is strange, because I really like the individual scents in this cologne. The website says it smells like: "Top notes : green mandarin from Italy, bergamot from Calabria, tagetes from Egypt Heart notes : orchid nigritella rubra, cinnamon from Sri Lanka, benzoin from Thailand Base notes : cistus labdanum from Spain, amber, tonka bean from Brazil". I mostly smell the amber and orchid in this scent and it was overpowering on my skin. As I stated in my April post, I will not be purchasing from this brand because I cannot find anything about their animal testing policy and they are ridiculously expensive.

96. CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion 5 grams*
I finished one of these little sample moisturizers last month. You can see what I say about it there: JUNE #80

97. Le Jasmin eau de toilette by Annick Goutal .06 Fl oz (1.75 ml)
I wasn't too big a fan of this perfume because I don't like the smell of jasmine. I don't like it in my food and I don't like it on my body. I either got this sample from a Birchbox or my friend Sara, I can't remember. I can't find any information about Annick Goutal's animal testing policy. I will not be purchasing this in the future.

98. Crest Glide Deep Clean Cool Mint Floss 4.4 yards (4 meters)
See Part One

99. Evologie Stay Clear Cleanser .7 Fl oz (22 ml)*
I received this cleanser in my June Birchbox. I liked that it was a gentle cleanser that still was able to help with my acne. I take an antibiotic for my acne, but I still have acne that pops up on my chin, chest, and back. I was sick a lot over the past two months, and that made my acne worse. This product really helped it from getting bad. They do not test on animals, according to their animal testing policy. However, there is honey extract in this product so it is not vegan. Because of this, I will not be purchasing this product in the future.

100. Marvis Toothpaste Aquatic Mint 1.3 oz (25 ml)*
When I was buying Christmas presents this year, I decided to get myself a little something: toothpaste! Marvis is my all time favorite toothpaste brand. You should check out this website just to see the amazingness of the work that went into making it since it is like watching an interactive movie. I have bought the Classic Mint flavor in the past and I wanted to try a new flavor so I went with Aquatic Mint (as well as a regular size Classic Mint and a travel size Whitening). This was refreshing and very nice to use when brushing my teeth and didn't leave any strange flavors in my mouth. This toothpaste is super thick and only needs a tiny bit to be very effective. I've been using this toothpaste nearly every day (I have about six open toothpastes that I rotate depending on the flavor I want, or whitening effect I need) since January, and I just finished it now. That should show you how little of this product goes a long, long way. This brand is cruelty free, but I am not sure if it is vegan or not. Some of the ingredients are possibly derived from animals including:  IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA (FORMALDEHYDE RELEASER) and Glycerin. Because I can't find out if there ingredients are vegan or not, I'm not putting it down as vegan for this post. Until I find out more, I will not be buying more of this product.

101. Belli Acne Cleansing Facial Wash Complexion Protection Lactic Acid, Green Tea, Cucumber .17 Fl oz (5 ml)*
This is one of those samples that has been hanging out in my bathroom for years and I finally used it up. I didn't like it too much as I had to wash my face with it three times to feel like it got all the oils off before I could put moisturizer on my face before bed. This product line is geared toward pregnant women. As I am not pregnant, I don't really think it is geared to me. It is a cruelty free product, but not vegan. I will not be purchasing this item in the future.

102. KenetMD Cleansing Bar 1 oz (28 grams)
See post JUNE #68

That's it for the month of July! Join me in August to see what else I have been using up!
All my July 2014 Empties Products

No comments:

Post a Comment