Saturday, June 28, 2014

San Francisco Part Three

Part Three: Nature in the City- Botanical Garden Part One

I think going to the Golden Gate Park was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Here are some of the pictures I too there at the Botanical Garden. This will be a pic heavy post, so it might take a while to load. I can't remember what all the flowers and plants are, but I can tell you the ones I remember and what I thought about them.

My Dad standing next to this humongous tree. I think it was a California Cypress. They were all so huge! 
I loved seeing this bee inside this flower (I think it is a California Poppy, but I might be wrong). It is doing what bees do, pollinating and finding food for itself.
What I loved most about this plant was that the flowers made it look like someone had made a dozen fried eggs and left them lying around in the garden.
This was the flower from a variety of Aloe Vera
Giant Sequoia, also known as Red Wood Trees, were planted here only a century and a half ago and they are already huge. We were unable to go to the Redwood Forest while we were in California, so this was the closest we could get. 
I love how thick the succulents are, and how bright.
A beautiful purple succulent.
This huge plant is an agave plant. You can't tell in the picture, but it is taller than my mom! (It was about 2 inches shorter than me.) This is what my agave nectar is made out of!
This cactus flower was probably one of my favorite pictures that I took. The juxtaposition of soft, colorful, beautiful flowers and sharp, spiny, prickly cactus spines is so beautiful. I love that the most beautiful flowers can be so painful.
I don't know what this plant is, but it is so cool looking. It was in the succulent/cactus area.

No comments:

Post a Comment