Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Food Review: Larabars

Larabars!


Larabars are nut and fruits bars that pack a lot of calories and sugar into a small and compact bar. These bars do not contain added sugars or preservatives. They are simply fruit and nuts. I adore these bars. I have tried a lot of snack and meal bars over the years (especially when my dad was a more avid hiker and would go one overnight camping trips with his friends in the Smoky Mountains) and these are the best tasting bars I have ever found. Because they do not contain protein powders or thickeners, they don't have that strange aftertaste that many protein or snack bars leave in your mouth. These individually packed bars are easy to stick in a purse, backpack, glove compartment, briefcase, pocket, or gym bag.

I haven't tried all the flavors, but I can tell you that Apple Pie and Banana Bread taste exactly like their names say they do. I'm not a big fan of the cherry pie, but Pecan Pie is pretty good.

These bars are Gluten, Soy, Dairy, and GMO Free! They are Vegan and Kosher!
I have also tried the larabar uber bars, a crunchy nut and fruit bar, and they are good (but not vegan because they contain honey). Their ALT bars are vegan protein bars that I have not tried because I have never seen them in stores in my area. I have not tried the Jocalat bars, but I gave one to my mom to try since she actually likes coffee.

So my conclusion: these will be my new go to bars for hiking, traveling, snacking, and to keep me from going hungry when I have to go to restaurants that only carry French fries and a plain salad to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment