Thursday, June 19, 2014

Makeup Storage and Collection Overview Part One

Part One: Makeup that is NOT Cruelty Free
 
This month I have been spending a lot of time cleaning and organizing my bathroom. When doing this, I went through my makeup to throw away anything that had turned or dried out or expired horribly. Because I had to take everything out to look at it, I decided to reorganize my makeup so that it would be easier for me to see which products are cruelty free and which are not so I can use them up better.
 
It was enlightening to see how much makeup I own is actually cruelty free. Most of the non cruelty free makeup products I have were given to me as gifts from my mom or grandmother. Others were things I bought years ago before I knew about animal cruelty in the cosmetic industry or by companies that used to be cruelty free and are no longer.
 
I decided to do a little picture tour of my organization, so you can see what I'm looking at when I decide what to wear on my face every day. I hope this is helpful to some of you.
 
An overview of my makeup counter and products that are not cruelty free
 
First, an overview of my non cruelty free makeup. I have 2 storage boxes with 3 drawers and a lid, one box with 2 drawers and a lid, and a white organizer my grandmother gave me for Christmas. The black containers I bought at Wal-Mart 3 our 4 years ago for $6-$10.
 
My eye products in stick form and facial moisturizer I use daily. (Hey look! Crayons!)
The first container has eye products and lip products. The top compartment contains eyeliner, mascara, brow pencils, and shadow sticks. These products are from Revlon, Maybelline, L'Oreal, and Clinique. On the right is my Clinique moisturizer.
 
Lipsticks- not cruelty free
The lift up lid hides my lipsticks and tinted lip balm as well as a lip pallet. I have lots of Clinique lipsticks that my mom gave me from her gift with purchase bags, as well as some Revlon, Estee Lauder, and Lancôme.
 
Cool Toned Eyeshadows- not cruelty free
 
The first drawer contains blue, green, purple, pink, and white eyeshadow. I have a lot of Clinique, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, L'Oreal, and CoverGirl.
 
Small Eyeshadow Pallets- not cruelty free
The second drawer contains small pallets. These include Revlon crème pallets and Estee Lauder.
 
Warm Toned Eyeshadow- not cruelty free
The third drawer contains earth tone eyeshadow from beige to brown, gold to black. These include Revlon, Clinique, CoverGirl, Estee Lauder, Lancôme, and L'Oreal.
 
Lip Products and Misc. Items- not cruelty free
The second container contains face and lip products. The top section holds lip gloss, lip liners, under eye serums, and a Clinique face shimmer.
 

Lip Balm- Not Cruelty Free
The lid lifts up and lo! Here There Be Lip Balms! I have several different flavors of ChapStick, Nuetrogena, Aquafina, and some random cvs and dollar store lip balms.
 
Face Products- not cruelty free
The first drawer is full of moisturizes, cleansers, and serums from Clinique, Lancôme, and Estee Lauder.
 
Foundations and Powders- Not cruelty free
The second drawer holds foundation and face powders from Clinique, Revlon, L'Oreal, and some really upscale brand that my Grandmother bought for me.
 
Blushes and Bronzers- not cruelty free
The third drawer contains blush and bronzers. Most of these are from Clinique. I also have Revlon blushes in there.
 
Hair, Face, body, and Nail Products- Not cruelty free
The white organizer contains: Auzzie and White Rain hairspray, Sun In hair lightening spray, Three bottles of nail polish remover, an Estee Lauder makeup pallet, Clinique makeup removers, Zapzit, body lotions, deodorants, and other hair products.
 
Makeup Brushes, Tools, and Deodorants
The little black container holds tools like tweezers, makeup brushes, nail clippers. Next to it are more deodorants and makeup brushes.
 
Samples- not cruelty free
The top contains samples and 2 pencil sharpeners. The tops are broken on both of them so it won't stay closed properly.
 
These were my makeup products from companies that are not cruelty free. I am trying to use these products up before I use up my cruelty free makeup. Look out for part two to see my cruelty free makeup and how I am storing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment