Sunday, June 22, 2014

Food Glorious Food

Another food post headed your way!

Tofu Scramble
Let's start off this post with a tofu scramble. I've been having trouble finding tofu at the supermarket that isn't soft. This was the last container of Extra Firm tofu at Rouses and I grabbed it off the shelf like a possessed woman when I saw it. I scrambled it with cherry tomatoes, baby bella mushrooms, spinach, olive oil, low sodium soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little Cajun seasoning.

Banana Date and Coconut Water Smoothie
This next picture doesn't look too appetizing, but that is just because the bananas were oxidizing. This is a banana, date, and coconut water smoothie. It tastes like desert in a beverage. Absolutely adore this for a lunch or dinner meal/ meal supplement.

Beautiful Taco Seven Layer Goo
Layers of Taco Goo
Beautiful, Tasty, Glorious Taco Goo
I'm not sure what to call this. A seven layer taco dip casserole? It tastes much better than it looks. Starting from the bottom: Soy taco, vegetarian refried beans (regular refried beans contain lard and are therefore not vegan), pinto beans, kalamata and pimento-stuffed green olives, white sushi rice, medium chunky salsa, guacamole. I made the guacamole with 1 avocado, juice from 1/4 lemon, 3 tablespoons green tobasco, onion powder, garlic powder, and cultured coconut milk (coconut yogurt). I was out of daiya, so I had to improvise.

Lettuce Tacos
The next day I used romaine lettuce to make lettuce tacos with my leftover taco goo. They were incredibly fantastic! The crunchiness of the lettuce really made the rest of the food taste better and the spices had marinated overnight so the taco-ness was more pronounced.

Angel Hair with Dressing and Oil
Next we have Angel Hair with leftover house salad dressing from the Nutrition Company, olive oil, and garlic. It was wonderfully tangy, salty, and fresh tasting.

Vegan Pepperoni on Olive Bread
I was trying to use up things that would go bad while we were away, so I needed to use up my veggie pepperoni. Enter the pepperoni sandwich. It is literally pepperoni on toasted olive bread. Yummy and filling!

Lettuce Tacos with Peas
The rest of my taco goo with the rest of the romaine lettuce and leftover green peas. Iced pomegranate juice is my beverage.

Angel Hair with Peas, Pine Nuts, and Veggie Burger Crumbles
Last is the exciting leftover conglomerate: Angel hair pasta, crumbled Chez Marie vegan burgers, leftover green peas, pine nuts, olive oil, and garlic. I drank pomegranate juice with it.

I hope you enjoyed this food picture dump. TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment