Friday, October 25, 2013

The Gloriousness of Shelfari and Other Things



 
I love Shelfari. I love reading books. I also love making lists. Shelfari is a website where you can keep track of your books on a virtual bookshelf, find similar books to read later, join communities to discuss books, set reading goals, read book reviews, and figure out if you read that book before and just can't remember it.

Shelfari is owned by Amazon.com, so it is easy to import you purchase history onto your shelf and purchase books if you decide to read them.

The thing I love most about Shelfari is that I can find people who have similar interests and see their favorite books and spend less time wading through the thousands of books I would never ever read to find the few that I would. I have found several fun series this way. Also, if you have very specific and strange/ out of the way/ obscure interests (like my interest in Icelandic/ Norwegian/ Swedish/ German/ Old English epic poetry, myths, and fairytales) you can more easily find those books.

My current goal for this year is to read 350 books. I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this (last year I read over 200) but I'll give it a good shot!

I read lots of children's books and young adult fiction, as well as fairy tales and myths. I enjoy reading historical fiction and history books. I love poetry and classic literature. I read romance novels (mostly because they are so poorly written that they make me laugh) and mysteries. I read cookbooks and how to manuals and music books galore. I read manga and religious writings.

I just love reading!

You can view My Shelf here and see what books I'm currently reading.
.............................................................................................................................................

In other news...

My mom bought me a book! I'm super excited about reading it and I'll write a review on here when I'm done!
 
 
Also, SHERLOCK BBC HAS SET USA AIRING DATES!
 
January 19, 2014! We will finally find out how he survived the Fall! I can't wait to see the new season!
 
You might be able to tell that I get really excited about Sherlock. I love the show almost as much as I love the books. This sums up Sherlock's view of the rest of us with funny little brains:
 
 
 

 

That's all for today! Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment