Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Trip to Koko FitClub

Yesterday afternoon I joined my friend Meagan at a place called Koko FitClub. It is a gym/fitness club in my area that uses technology to help you become more fit. I was nervous beforehand because I am not in the best shape of my life. (I'm not in the worse shape, either, but it feels like it some days).

The instructors were very kind and walked us through the entire process, including how to use our Koko Fit Keys (a flash drive that records your information and tells you what programs to do) and work the weight machine and treadmills.

It was very exciting to go through the strength test and realize that I'm not as weak as I think I am when I can lift 60 lbs to do a bicep curl (I tried 70 but had to give up after one rep because that was WAY too heavy).

The super cool thing about the workout being recorded on technology is the website that goes along with it. I can now track how many miles, minutes, and calories I walked on the treadmill as well as see how much weight I lifted on which exercises and how much I can lift overall.

Take a look at the website for more information: http://www.kokofitclub.com/home.html

Because I can now track how much I walk there at the club, I probably won't be walking as much outside in the mosquitoes (or hurricane winds that may or may not hit us this weekend).

I walked .79 miles in 16 minutes yesterday.

In total, I've now walked 3.68 miles in 1 hour and 29 minutes.

Day 5 is now complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment