Monday, July 14, 2014

Trip to NC Summer 2014 Part Three

July 1- July 3

Tuesday was one of those days when I just didn't want to do anything. Wednesday was as well.
I had certain things I did, like hike and talk to my therapist. I also did a lot of laying around and doing nothing. I ate a lot of junk food in these two days... because I felt nasty, so I ate more nasty food and felt nastier. There are only so many cold showers I can take to stop from getting heat rash and feeling sticky and sweaty all the time. For some reason the heat always feels worse here in North Carolina than it does in Louisiana. I think it has to do with your expectations. I don't expect it to be hot here in North Carolina because we usually come up when it is still cool and we can adjust to the heat without air conditioner. But at home, you expect it to be horrible, but you just roll with it.

Thursday started with the sun hitting me in the face. That's what happens when you forget to close your blackout curtains! I rolled over and BAM! Sun in the face. I decided that since the sun was up, I could be too. I made some awesome spaghetti for breakfast (I have a love for pasta... some would call it an addiction... they would be correct). I haven't been drinking enough water recently, so I'm actively trying to drink more while I'm just laying around.

I have many pictures of foods I've eaten in this period. Enjoy them!

Spaghetti with my mom's homemade sauce and daiya shreds
Beets with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
I tried this mac and cheese and it was definitely cheesey. I'm glad that I tried it at least once, even if it is really hard to find at home. This will not be a staple food in my diet, it is way to rich for that.
I love these "chicken" tenders more than I ever loved real chicken tenders. They are phenomenal.
SO Cheesey!
Plain Chick'n Tenders...
... And how I eat them... mustard, ketchup, and vegenaise
Leftovers!
Kale with Mushrooms, Olive Oil, and Garlic with Chinese Noodles in homemade Vegan Alfredo made from Diaya Shreds, Go Veggie! Slices, Almond Milk, Garlic, Rosemary, and Black Pepper.
Lettuce with Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, and Rice Vinegar.
Leftover Vegan Alfredo
I took some pictures while I was out hiking. I hope you enjoy them.











Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese using Go Veggie! Slices
I also painted my nails on Tuesday. I used clear fingernail polish and a Clinique blush that I mixed together using a hairpin. I discovered this DIY nail polish last year or the year before on YouTube and decided to make use of it since I didn't bring any polish with me and I didn't feel like having to buy multiple polishes at the store since I am on a project 10/ ? pan. I bought a clear nail polish and a top coat so I can mix as many colors as I want over the summer. I will do a tutorial post the next time I do it. I've done this method six or seven times now using different brands of eye shadows, pigments, and blushes. The best results I have had with powdered eye shadows and pigments because I didn't have to break up the powders myself. This, if not done correctly, can leave you with lumpy or gritty nail polish. This time I used this super old Clinique blush (when they used to be in circular packaging, so you know it is old) that my mom gave me when it didn't compliment her skin tone. It is a really bright coral orange peach on my skin, but on my nails it is a gorgeous dark coral. I have several other blushes and eye shadows with me that I want to try, so you will get a tutorial some time in the next few weeks.
 
I went shopping again with my mom to buy more vegan foods for our Fourth of July dinner... while we were shopping we found a jar of bell pepper bruschetta. I LOVE this stuff! The problem I have with it is that it is super oily, so I can only eat a little bit before I start feeling sick.
 
And last, but not least, this is the luna moth on our porch. Well, one of them. The other one is hanging on the side of the edge of the roof. It is as big as my hand!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment