Saturday, July 5, 2014

San Francisco Part Seven: Travel Makeup Bag

What's in My Travel Bag?
 
This is my final post about San Francisco. It is more of an after-the-fact post than a during-the-trip post. It is about what I took with me in my makeup bag when I went to San Francisco. I didn't think to do this until I had returned home, so some of the products are missing since I used them up. You can see those products in my June Empties post,  numbers 68-75.
 
My hope is that you will see what I think is important to pack with me on a week-long trip.
I packed everything in this clinique bag that I got several years ago as a gift with purchase. I have used this bag about 20 times traveling or as an overnight bag. It is perfect for travel because the inside is waterproof and there are two separate zipper compartments. The top is very shallow and great for smaller items like a toothbrush, eyeliner, makeup brushes, and contacts. The bottom section is huge and can fit contact solution, glasses cases, and bulky powders with ease.
 
Many of the products in this post are NOT cruelty free because I am trying to use them up. If it doesn't say it is cruelty free, it most likely is not.
 
Clinique Makeup Bag
Top Compartment
Bottom Compartment
Makeup Brushes: elf professional eyeshadow brush and professional blending eye brush (made from horse hair, therefore not vegan), C433 Pro Blending Fluff by Crown Brushes (I'm not sure if these are synthetic or animal hair)
A sample size of my favorite toothpaste, bonus: cruelty-free! I've tried several different flavors, but this Aquatic Mint is becoming my favorite.
A travel size of Clinique Take the Day off Makeup Remover. I use this to take off my eye makeup. Not cruelty free.
Alright, I know this looks strange. You know when you have that little tiny bit of conditioner in the bottle that just won't come out? I usually cut the bottle and scoop it out and put it in a smaller container to use when I run out of my full size conditioners. This is a mix of three different conditioners: Organix Morrocan Argan Crème, John Freida Blonde, and Burt's Bee's Japanese Cherry Blossom. It doesn't smell so great, but it works. I had mentioned earlier that I don't like to throw things away... This is what I mean.
Empty mouthwash container. I fill it up with whatever I'm using at the time. It always leaks on planes so I stick it in a ziplock.
I tried this for the first time on this trip. I really like it! It kept me from getting burned and it didn't burn my eyes. It was a bit oily on my skin, but it is better than many sunblocks I've tried in the past. Cruelty free!
A sample Ulta moisturizer I got from a friend. See my June Empties for more info.
My favorite blush at the moment: Milani Baked Blush in Corallina. This is a gorgeous shimmery coral blush that works beautifully with my skintone. It is around $8 and cruelty free so it is a steal!
A sunscreen I received in a Birchbox that I'm trying out. Not my favorite so far.
Cotton Rounds for makeup removal.
Q-tips for makeup removal
Samples of sunscreen that I thought I'd try, but didn't.
Shampoo that I'm not too fond of. I used the hotel shampoo instead.
My go-to powder right now. Cruelty Free, Vegan, and messy! I already have a backup of this product.
My favorite powder brush. It is a synthetic brush and therefore vegan and cruelty free. And it costs $6.
An Estee Lauder duo my grandmother gave me. These are more taupey-purple on my eyes.  Not cruelty free.
A Clinique gift with purchase. I don't like the blush, but the eyeshadows are nice. Not cruelty free.
Sample Estee Lauder Mascara. Not cruelty free. Another gift with purchase from my grandmother.
This is actually a Bath and Body Works scent in a Crabtree and Evelyn container. I like the rollerball format for traveling.
Lip balm! Not cruelty free.
A recent birchbox sample eyeliner that I'm loving! It is a deep eggplant shade that looks almost brown.
Posh Blush Brush. I've had this since middle school. They don't make this particular brush anymore. I'm not sure what it is made out of, but it feels like some sort of animal hair.
De-potted elf eye primer. I cut the tube open and used a hair pin to get it all out. It took forever. It is getting old and I'm about to throw it away. Cruelty free and vegan.
A tiny Juicy Couture perfume I got at Wal-Mart of all places. I've dad this for several years and I only wear it on special occasions. I brought this with me on the off chance that I was going somewhere nice.
I always get dry eyes on planes and in hotels so I always take eye drops. These work with soft contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment