Monday, July 21, 2014

Trip to NC Summer 2014 Part Four

July 4th - July 17

This post will be pic heavy.

We celebrated Independence Day with a barbeque. I made egg salad using tofu (it was pretty good) and had tofurkey hot dogs (these are amazing) with my salad and taboule. I totally forgot to take a picture of the wonderful food, but I got some pictures of the leftovers the next day. My Aunt came over for the lunch and we had a pretty fantastic celebration.

Then came my week at Kanuga. I spent a lot of my time there in bed asleep because I got sick, as you could probably tell by my "sick" posts. I did have a lot of fun with my friend Lauren from Mobile and did fun things like trivia, bible study, yoga, and sleeping.

Since Kanuga, I've been back at the house in NC and trying to recover. I finally made it out of bed for a hike on the 17th and took some awesome pictures. I hope you like them!

Vegan Egg Salad made with tofu on Olive Bread with a Tofurkey Dog and BBQ flavored Mini Rice Cakes
Homemade coconut pudding
First time I tried Tofurky and I really liked them. My dad cooked up a bunch on the grill.
These are my new favorite accidentally vegan find at Ingles. I'm sure I've talked about them before. They are just really fantastic and crunchy and have an excellent smoky flavor.
Heading to fancy dinner at Kanuga. I'm wearing my new necklace and earrings that I got at Gypsy Heart in Hendersonville. They match my dress perfectly. You can't tell in this picture, but I'm sick. That's why I have tired eyes.
Mushroom Miso Noodles with garlic
Vegan grilled cheese using Go Veggie! Cheddar
Spinach noodles, gardein beefless tips, bell pepper bruschetta topping, and vegan sour cream.
Bruschetta made with bell pepper topping and toasted olive bread
Bean dip! Vegetarian refried beans, Go Veggie! Shreds in Mexican blend and Mozzarella, spicy guacamole, sour cream and topped with salsa! This was good both hot and cold.
Vegan Lasagna
Vegan Lasagna
Wild Strawberry in the front yard
View from the top of the mountain
Bright yellow flowers at the top of the mountain
White flowers in front of a voluntary apple tree
yellow flower in the grass
Leftover Lasagna. It was soooooo much better the next day when all the spices had mingled.
Apple Orchard
Coral Mushroom
For some reason this leaf really looks like a fairy on top of this mushroom. I adore this picture.
My camera lens kept fogging up. It gave this cool effect.
Mushrooms!
Brightest mushroom on the trail. The sun came out!
This monster was the size of my face!
Mushroom
Small Coral Mushroom
Flowers by the bamboo
Mushroom, tofu, udon noodle soup

No comments:

Post a Comment