Saturday, April 5, 2014

Recipe: Vegan Lasagna

Recipe: Vegan Lasagna


It has been some time since I did an actual recipe here on the blog. I made this a few weeks ago when I had some time and I finally got the pictures to upload from my phone. I hope you enjoy!

I got the urge to make some lasagna when I was at the store to buy some tofu, so I randomly grabbed some ingredients and made this without consulting a cookbook or recipe. I had several people ask me for the recipe when I posted the photo on facebook, so I thought I might as well post it here on the blog. It tasted super yummy and both my parents enjoyed it and ate it for several meals.

Ingredients:

Lasagna noodles
1 can tomato sauce (seasoned or unseasoned to taste)
Baby Portobello mushrooms
1 can low sodium diced tomatoes
2 containers of Garlic and Herb or Chive and Herb Tofutti Cream Cheese
1 Large can tomato paste
Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
oregano

basil

Instructions:

1. Place a layer of dry noodles along the bottom of the dish. Don't worry about covering up all the bottom, the noodles will expand when they cook.


2. Pour the can of tomato sauce over the noodles.


3. Add another layer of dry noodles on top.


4. Wash and slice the mushrooms. Make sure to cut off the end of the stem because it is tough.

 
5. Spread one container of Tofutti cream cheese over the noodles.


6. Cover with half of the mushrooms.


7. Cover with can of diced tomatoes.


8. Add another layer of noodles. Add vegan pesto. Add another container of cream cheese.

9. Add another layer of noodles, then a large can of tomato paste.

10. Add the rest of the mushrooms.

 
11. Add the last of the noodles. Pour 1 can of water over entire dish and cover. Place in refrigerator for several hours (or cook at this time and add a little more water).

12. Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour on 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

13. Top with oregano, basil, and Daiya mozzarella shreds. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with a salad..

 
Salad that accompanied the lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment