Saturday, January 3, 2015

October Empties Part Two

This is a continuation of my October Empties

The next six products are all cleansing cosmetics. The soaps are all from hotels.

141. Jāsön Color Protect Henna Pure Natural Conditioner 16 oz (454 grams) * v
This is one of those products I really wanted to like, but ended up absolutely hating. When I first put Henna in my hair in January, the color faded completely within a few weeks. In October, I re-henna-ed my hair and it has lasted much longer, partly because of this conditioner. I think this product was key in Keeping my henna from fading , However, the smell of this product is One of the most disgusting smells I've ever had in my hair. I have really long hair, so I use a LOT of Conditioner. I've used the Jāsön brand in the past and always found the scents of their products to be overwhelming , yet pleasurable. this one was overwhelming and made me want to gag. So, even though this is a natural and Cruelty free product, I will not be repurchasing this because it smelled terrible.


142. Holiday Collection Moisturizing Facial Soap (Jergens Mild) sample size
this is one of those products that I got from hotel when I was staying there several years ago. I'm not sure which hotel it was from and I'm not sure exactly what was in it but it cleaned well. Jergens is Not a cruelty free company, so I will not be purchasing from them in the future.

143. purity Basics French Milled facial Soap sample size
This was another Hotel soap. I do not believe that is cruelty free. It cleaned well but was very small so it only lasted 3 or 4 washes. Will not purchase In the future.

144. Bausch & Lomb Bio True Multi-Purpose Solution 10 Fl oz (296 ml)
another contact solution bottle. I will not be repurchasing this in the future as I have found a vegan replacement for my contact solution.

145. Tom's of Maine simply while fluoride Toothpaste in Clean Mint , 9 oz (25g) **v
So this is one of those products that's kind of conflicting. Tom's of Maine is a cruelty free brand and this toothpaste is vegan. But, they were bought out by Colgate-Palmolive a couple of years ago. I don't feel completely right buying from a company that's money is going directly to one of the largest companies in the world that tests on animals. However, this was a free sample of toothpaste my mom  got with a magazine. My mom didn't want it so she gave it to me. I took it with me a few times on trips because it was a sample size. I loved this toothpaste. The whitening effect was subtle but bright, and the taste was wonderful. It wasn't an overpowering mint taste but it was still clean feeling afterwards. I will not be repurchasing this product because it is not ethical in my opinion of what is actually cruelty free.

146, Proterra Marine refreshing bath and body bar
this is one of those products that I've never been able to find the information for. This whole line of bath products is made specifically for hotels and bed and breakfasts and cruise lines. All I know is that I cannot find the information for ingredients. I do not believe this is cruelty free.

* denotes cruelty free 
** denotes cruelty free with a non cruelty free parent company 
v denotes vegan product
BOLD denotes a product i would repurchase. 

My October Empties. See the previous post for the first six and the next post for the last seven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment