Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Black Hole Vortex of YouTube

Hey there everyone! I had some trouble sleeping a few nights ago and watched a bunch of videos on Youtube to try to go to sleep. The black hole vortex that is YouTube swept me away and I ended up watching videos for several hours. I'm not sure it actually helped with getting me to bed, but these are the highlights of the videos I have watched in the past few weeks and wanted to share with you.

Reiki Me

 
This video is one of the best parodies that I have seen in a very long time! Megan has a great voice and her filming of the video was very artistic. I love the original "Wrecking Ball" song, but I find the video to be a little strange. (It's the licking of the sledge hammer that really throws me off. Miley, what is that about?)

But Where Do You Get Your Protein?

 
This video answers the question all vegans hate to be asked: "But where do you get your protein?" FullyRawKristina answers that question here. I love how fun and light Kristina's energy is. It makes me happy to watch her videos.

Wobble Baby, Wobble!


I absolutely adore this music video! I heard this song on the radio for the first time about 3 months ago. I immediately turned it up loud and danced in my car at the red light. This is the ultimate low-key dance. Wobble Baby, Wobble!

Look! I Can Run Through Mud!


This is a fun review of the Fitbit Flex and the Jawbone Up, two different wrist fitness monitors. I think a mud run is a great way to test if these products work. It's also fun to watch people get covered in mud while I am clean and dry.

The Weightless Project


This is an introduction video to a wonderful project. The Weightless Project is a way to motivate you to exercise by donating money to feed the world's hungry every time you workout. For every 1000 calories you burn, $1 is generated to help the Weightless Project feed the hungry. At the moment it is only setup to work with Jawbone and Fitbit, but they will be adding more devices and apps soon. As of right now, they have burned/ earned: CALORIES 26,178,218 CONTRIBUTION $18194.23. This project reminds me greatly of the game Free Rice. The premise of this game is that it quizzes you so you can better your vocabulary or geography knowledge while also earning money to feed the hungry.

OMG SHERLOCK!


This is the video that I have watched the most over the past few weeks. I am waiting with bated breath for the new season of BBC's Sherlock. This seven minute video, Many Happy Returns, is packed full of emotional moments for fans as Watson, Lestrade, and Anderson all contemplate their (supposedly) deceased friend Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I have watched the first 2 seasons 5 times (all 6 episodes) and listened to the commentaries several times. And, I own both seasons on Blue Ray and both soundtracks on CD. Just another few weeks and we will all be waiting years again for the next 3 episodes!

Girls/Girls/Boys


I need to take a moment to thank my friends Rei and Lauren for introducing me to Panic! at the Disco six years ago. They have so many wonderful (and fantastically titled) songs like "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage", "There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey. You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet", and "Build God, Then We'll Talk".  This song is probably my favorite of all of them. I can't really explain why I love this song, but it gets stuck in my head and I can't get it out! So, go view this video and watch a half-naked man mesmerizingly sing at you while staring deep into your soul with his brilliant eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment