Saturday, July 19, 2014

Things I'm Loving Right Now

Hi All!

It is another glorious rainy day here in the mountains. I haven't posted in a few days because I've been pretty busy doing lots of online research and haven't finished any posts, even though I am working on several. I did want to do a post today though, so here is a list of the things I'm loving at this moment.

1. Octopus Clips
I have pretty long hair, so getting it off my neck and back can make me feel much cooler in the summer. It is long enough to twist it into a bun and it will stay by itself, but if I want to go hiking or cook or wash my face, I need clips or pins to keep it from falling out. My absolute favorite clips are the octopus clips by Scunci. I need two to hold up all my hair, but they really work. I don't have to worry about my hair falling down at all when I use these. I've probably bought about 15 of these over the years. I ended up breaking a few because I'm a klutz and dropped them down the stairs or on concrete. I've also broken a few because my hair got too big for it to hold, hence the two I use now.

2. Watermelon Mint Lemonade
This Bolthouse Farms lemonade is the best and most refreshing drink I've ever had. We've been going through four or five of these every week between three of us. It is refreshing and not exceedingly sweet. I still water mine down because I like watery lemonade. They say that it is a limited edition product on the package, but I hope they make it a permanent item. Go check it out while you can! It is usually in the produce section.

3. MaNithyaSudevi Youtube channel

 
I started watching her videos a few days ago and I can't get enough of them. I love the vibes she exudes and I love her empowering and uplifting talks. She speaks about enlightenment and veganism a lot and has an interesting perspective on life. I highly recommend her videos.

4. Tarot Cards
I have been doing a lot of introspection and thinking while I have been sick and inside because of the rain. One of the ways I do this is meditation on my daily tarot card (I'm using my Galaxy Tarot app on my phone at the moment since I left my cards at home). I have a post that I'm working on about Tarot cards that will be going up in the future, but know that I am new to them and I find them very powerful and interesting.

5. Sports bras
I've been doing a lot of hiking and sports bras make it much easier to have a more comfortable hike. I am not usually a sports bra fan, but I have been gravitating toward them recently for normal every day wear instead of my normal underwire bra. Most of mine I got from Wal-Mart or Target. There's not much to say about this except that I am liking them more... moving on!

6. Emilynoel83 makeup collection video

 
I love watching makeup collection videos so I can get new ideas about storing my makeup and seeing brands that I might never have seen before. It is also very cool to see what other people like and decide to spend their money on. Makeup collections can be very expensive, so it is really interesting to see what people choose to add to their collections and what they don't. I've been following Emilynoel83 for several years now and I love her videos. This collection video she just put up is beautiful in both the quality of her storage containers and the aesthetics of the decorations she decided to put up around her collection.

7. DIY nails using eyeshadows
I'm not sure when I first heard about doing this, but it was a while ago and I know I did it a few times last summer when I didn't have any nail polishes with me and I wanted to change up my color. I have done it three times so far this summer once with a Clinique coral blush that made a perfect deep coral pink on my nails (I did both my fingers and toes with this one), once with a Clinique eyeshadow duo in Blackberry Frost, and once with a LancĂ´me eyeshadow in Suntouched with a hint of the blush Cedar Rose. Each time I've done two coats of the color and a top coat to give it a shiny finish. My fingernails last me about a week before I need to repaint them and my toenails are still going strong at three weeks without any chips in the color! In the past I've tried this with Physicians Formula, Maybelline, and Elf shadows and they have all worked well. Shimmer shades do tend to work better than matte shades.

8. "Sung to Sleep" by Michael Manring

This is one of my favorite relaxing/ rainy day songs. I've been listening to the CD "A Winter's Solstice Ⅱ"(1988) by Windham Hill Records for several years. (I think I stole the CD from my mom's room and listened to it for an entire summer on repeat before I gave it back.) It is probably on of the most uplifting and relaxing piano pieces I have on my iTunes. I highly recommend the entire CD if you like New Age and Classical music.

I hope you enjoy this post! Let me know if you want to see others like it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment